Dual Enrollment Programs Available to SAHS Students
St. Johns River State College
Qualifications for Dual Enrollment at SJRSC
- Hold a 3.0 unweighted grade point average (GPA).
- Have a full set of acceptable SAT, ACT, or PERT scores.
- Dual Enrollment is the start of a student’s college transcript. DE grades will follow students forever, which can impact admittance into college/university.
- DE classes will transfer to the Florida State Universities System (SUS).
- At 30 credit hours, students will need to declare their intended major and intended transfer college or university.
- Dul Enrollment textbooks are loaned through the Media Services Department located at 10 Hildreth Drive in St. Augustine. Visit the Dual Enrollment Textbook Requests web page for complete details.
How Do I Enroll?
- Confirm that your unweighted cumulative GPA is at least a 3.0
- Read and understand SJR State DE Students’ Responsibilities.
- Complete the dual enrollment application online at https://bit.ly/2APhdpC.
- Complete one of the following approved college placement tests: SAT, ACT, or PERT. SJRSC offers the PERT for $20. Contact the Testing Office at 386-312-4228 to schedule a test date.
- Submit your signed consent form (you will be prompted to print this off during the online application process) and test scores to your school counselor to complete the application process.
- Once your application has been approved, you will need to submit a dual enrollment course registration form to your high school counselor to register for courses. This needs to be completed for each semester of participation in dual enrollment. Students DO NOT register for courses online. This must be done through submission of the course registration form to his/her school counselor.
- Your High School Counselor MUST approve your course registration form and/or changes before submission to the DE Department.
Dual Enrollment questions during summer break should be directed to the SAHS Registrar.
Please visit the St. Johns River State website for more information and FAQ’s: http://www.sjrstate.edu/dual.html
For help choosing college courses, please view this presentation.