- Books are checked out on a 2 week basis and can be renewed as needed.
- All students are allowed to check out 5 books at a time.
- Books can be returned in the book drop slot in front of the media center entrance, or the book return carts in the media center by our Maker Space. Please make sure you are placing books on the correct book return cart.
Fees & Fines:
- There are NO late fees on books; however, if a student has requested the book you have overdue, we require that you return it ASAP.
- If a library material is not returned by the end of the school year, a replacement fine will be placed on the student’s account. This can prevent the student from participating in special school events such as homecoming, prom, or grad bash and other senior events.
- Please speak with media staff if you have questions or concerns about a library fine.
Passes and Usage Rules:
- Students have access to the media center before school starting at 8:45 a.m. They are also welcome to visit during their lunch time by obtaining a Media Center Lunch pass. These passes are limited, and students must pick one up in the media center before school starts.
- During class time, students MUST have a yellow Media Center pass signed by their teacher to access the media center.
- All students will be required to sign-in digitally when visiting the media center.
- Students are expected to adhere to school rules and the district code of conduct while in the media center.
- Cell phone use is prohibited during instructional time in the media center.
Lunch and Book Cafe:
- A limited amount of Media Center lunch passes will be available every day. Students must pick-up a pass in the media center before school starts. A certain amount of passes will be held for students not on campus in the mornings.
- Lunch in the media center is a privilege. We expect responsible and respectful behavior. All students must throw away their garbage and clean their tables.
- No lunch in the media center during testing.
- The Book Cafe offers coffee, tea and hot chocolate for $1. Donations of K-cups and disposable coffee cups with lids are always welcome!
Student Internet Access:
- Students using the media computers or other tech devices on campus with Internet access MUST have an Acceptable Use Procedure signed by both students AND parents on file.
Copier and Printer Use:
- A copier/printer is available in the media center for student use. This service is free and only prints in black and white. Please ask media center staff for assistance with copying and printing.
St. Augustine High School Collection Development Policy