Dual Enrollment at St. Johns River State College
What is Dual Enrollment?
The Dual Enrollment Program at St. Johns River State College provides eligible students the opportunity to earn both high school and college credit at the same time. Eligible students can take one or more college-level courses which will qualify for high school graduation credits as well as college credit.
Qualifications for Dual Enrollment
- Hold a 3.0 unweighted grade point average (GPA).
- Be recommended by your high school principal and guidance counselor.
- Have a full set of acceptable SAT, ACT, PERT or CPT scores.
Benefits of Dual Enrollment
- Earn college credit.
- Offset expenses for families – Free college tuition, textbooks and lab fees
- Shorten the time necessary to obtain a college degree.
- Dual Enrollment is the start of a student’s college transcript. DE grades will follow students forever, which can impact admittance into college/university.
- DE classes will transfer to the Florida State Universities System (SUS).
- At 30 credit hours, students will need to declare their intended major and intended transfer college or university.
- DE textbooks are loaned through the Media Services Department located at 10 Hildrith Drive in St. Augustine, (904) 547-3947.
How Do I Enroll?
- Complete a dual enrollment application and submit to your high school counselor along with a copy of your test scores from one of the following approved college placement tests: SAT, ACT, PERT, or CPT. SJRSC offers the PERT and CPT. Contact the Testing Office at 386-312-4228 to schedule a test date.
- Submit a DE application, test scores, and SJR State DE Principles of Participation to your high school counselor.
- Read and understand SJR State DE Students’ Responsibilities.
- Once your application has been approved, you will need to submit a dual enrollment registration form to your high school counselor to register for courses. DE students do NOT register for courses online. This needs to be completed for each semester of participation in dual enrollment.
- Fall registration opens May 21, 2018, Spring registration opens in October, and Summer registration opens in February.
- Your High School Counselor MUST approve, sign/initial all applications, registrations and/or changes before submission to the DE Department.
Dual Enrollment questions during summer break should be directed to SAHS Registrar.
Please visit the St. Johns River State website for more information and FAQ’s: http://www.sjrstate.edu/dual.html
For help choosing college courses, please view this presentation.